*** VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS WITH HIGH TUNNELS ****
Wind can cause major problems if tunnels are not managed properly!
1) Avoid windy site for tunnels
2) Set up tunnels so the most prevailing winds hit the end walls and flow through the tunnels
3) Make sure doors are open and tied back during 30km/h winds
4) Vent the tunnels early in the day before the high winds, let the wind pass through
5) We growers know that the forecast winds can vary considerably depending on location and micro climates. Adjust your tunnels according to your own site information
Taking a chance can prove to be very expensive.
Recommendations In Preparing for Wind
30 km/h – open and tie doors
50 km/h – vent to stage #1 – 2 ft up from the top of leg
60 km/h – vent to stage #2 – 4 ft up from the top of leg
70 – 80 km/h – vent to stage #3 – 6 ft up from the top of leg
95+ above – de-skin, put film in leg row and tie ASAP before wind comes
This is a guide only. As you get more experienced as a tunnel grower these decisions will become easier to
IT IS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY!